Monday 23 January 2012

Sergiyev Posad - Golden Ring - Town 1

A group of teachers from AIS decided that it would be nice to visit some of the towns in the Golden Ring. We managed to find a company that does organised tours in English.  We decided that we wanted to visit Pereslavl-Zalessky and Rostov-Veliky with a short stop in Sergiyev Posad. It was a early start as I had to leave my flat by 7am on a Sunday morning to meet as the American Embassy. The temperature seemed to drop suddenly over night and was between -18c and -22c for most of the day. I was wrapped up in so many layers, I wasnt too cold apart from my hands and my face.

On the way to Pereslavl-Zalessky and Rostov-Veliky, we stopped at a little town called Sergiyev Posad. 

Trinity Lavra of St Sergius in Sergiy Posad 

Sergiyev Posad 


A cold day in  Sergiy Posad    







No comments:

Post a Comment